Thursday, May 28, 2009

I am home! (30 weeks 2 days)

When the doctor came to make rounds this morning I got a wonderful surprise! She told me that I was going to be able to go home. The last few times they monitored me, I had not had any contractions. That coupled with the fact that they did not have me on IV medication any more, meant that insurance wanted to send me home. I was ecstatic.
Steve and I toured the NICU (neonatal intensive care unit) before we left. It was very difficult to see the little tiny babies that needed so much medical intervention. It just made me more adamant to carry my three little ones for as long as possible.
They also did an ultrasound before they sent me home. The fluid levels around the babies had improved and they had all grown. Baby B (the boy) now weighs 3lbs 9oz. Baby C weighs 2lbs 13oz and Baby girl A weighs 2lbs 12oz. They are all very good sized for triplets (baby B is very big for a singleton).
I am so happy to be home!

No comments:

Post a Comment