Thursday, April 16, 2009

Bed Rest










Well, I have successfully made it to 6 months (24 weeks). I was able to narrowly reach my goal of teaching until spring break. I was even able to go back for 3 days after! Unfortunately I got the news Tuesday afternoon at my doctors appointment that I had been dreading. I have been having contractions, and things had changed dramatically enough since last week, that I have been placed on total bed rest with bathroom privileges for the remainder of the pregnancy.

The perinatologist prescribed medication to stop the contractions. I have to go back for another appointment tomorrow to make sure that things have settled down.

All three babies are still healthy and active. I did get a few new ultrasound pictures, which I will add to this message, but it is getting harder and harder to decipher what's going in these images. It is like taking the Rorschach inkblot test! The first picture is of Baby B's face. He has his arms up by his head. His head is to the left of the picture. The second picture is of Baby C. Her head is to the left and her torso is to the right. There are also some parts of another baby (baby A?)underneath. Baby A had her face to my back, and they were not able to get any images of her.
Will and I checked out some books from the library last Friday. One book is about a boy who's Mommy is going to have a baby. At the end it shows Mom, Dad, and Big Brother at the hospital. Big Brother is holding the baby while sitting next to Mom on the hospital bed. Will looked at the picture for a long time and finally turned to me and said with confusion, "They only had one baby?!?!?" He seems very aware and excited about the triplets. He is continually asking me questions that start with, "When the babies come out.......?" Will said that he wants to feed them bottles and give them "binkies." I am sure he is going to be the best big brother ever. The triplets have tough act to follow!

1 comment:

  1. laura,

    yikes about the bed rest! you'll have to keep us posted; we'll be praying for your comfort. as far as the ultrasounds go...i'm not even going to try to figure them out! will is such a cutie. sounds like he is going to be a big help with the babies!

    ReplyDelete