Thursday, May 7, 2009

Middle of Week 27

I am still plugging along. I spent the whole day at school on Monday 5/4 (no students; it was a teacher workday) entering CRT scores (the district mandated tests) for my students. It was exhausting, but I loved seeing my friends at school.
Tuesday 5/5 I had my doctor's appointment. Still no signs that I need to be put on any IV meds to stop contractions. So I have dodged being hospitalized for at least another week.
This was an exciting appointment because they took measurements of the babies. The two girls are weighing in around 2 lbs 1 oz each. This puts them in the 25 percentile for singleton babies. The boy, my little piglet, weighs 2 lbs 8 oz! He is in the 78 percentile for a singleton baby (basically he would be considered big even if he were in there on his own, so for a triplet he is huge)!
It was also very exciting to see that the boy was practicing his breathing. You could see the rise and fall of his chest during the ultrasound. The ultrasound technician told us this was a very good sign. What a little overachiever :)
Both girls were very active and healthy. Once again they were not able to get pictures of the girls. They are movers and shakers, and do not hold still long enough to get clear images. I can't believe that they still weigh exactly the same size.
I am still hanging in there. I am increasingly tired, and moving much slower, but considering I am pregnant with triplets, I can't complain. Only seven more weeks to go!

I included a picture of Will in his bicycle helmet. He is really enjoying playing outside now that the weather is warmer. The other picture is a 27 week belly picture.

1 comment:

  1. wow, that sounds really tough Mrs. Farrington. i'm glad you're hanging in there :) Will is so cute ^_^ and i bet the triplets will be amazingly cute as well.

    ReplyDelete